Nick and I went to the Apple store today and bought an iPhone 4S. The Siri voice-recognition feature is of particular interest. We're going to test Siri's ability to answer questions about Southern culture and history.
Siri already answered our first question correctly: "How many presidents were born in Virginia?" The answer: eight. She had to look it up on the Internet, but then again, so would I.
Over the next few days, these are the Southern-themed questions we plan to ask Siri:
* Where is the closest Piggly Wiggly?
* Is Texas considered part of the South or not?
* What do you do with a cat on a hot tin roof?
* Who played the Tarleton twins in the movie Gone With the Wind?
* What is the difference between country-style steak and chicken-fried steak?
* Would you like some more sweet tea?
* Is the hot light on at Krispy Kreme?
If you have any Southern culture/history questions for Siri, let me know and I'll tell you what she says.